For this week’s words we are going to something that I think I saw on Facebook or LinkedIn. Origin is unknown but content is awesome:
If the grass is greener on the other side, stop staring, stop comparing and start watering the grass you are standing on.
Best way I know how to water your grass is with information and education. (Remember that old TV commercial with the catchy jingle.. “The More You Know”?
I am cool with the grass I am on but I am always in search for more water.
Where do YOU stand with your grass watering situation?
There are many, many articles this week, so many that we can say that we definitely did could not fully consume each and every one of them. We do hope that you find one or two that interest and are helpful to you in your real estate & investment journey. If we had to prioritize we highly recommend:
- VIDEO: Aisha, Alex Becker, Michelle and Tyson Schuetze discuss short term vs. long term rental housing performance of a property that is 50% long-term conventional rentals (Auben) and 50% midterm furnished rentals (Benebu)
- Death and rebirth of the American dream and the best article out there on the change
- Rental Housing Supply Realities: US needs over 4 million apartments in next 10 years just to tread water (contributed by Bob Steed)
- Modular and sustainable construction (contributed by Bill Schuetze, aka Tyson’s Dada, aka “The Old Man” of Auben)
- Developers, rejoice: Carried-interest tax loophole is saved again! (Contributed by Cole Thompson)
- What we strive for at Auben with the agent/IAM relationship and the rest of the team working in tandem summed up in this article
- FREE DOWNLOAD: How COVID impacted domestic migration patterns on a state, city and zip code level; including how these patterns are affecting CRE stakeholders.
More great real estate investing, generalized real estate market, SFR and Multifamily trends and general leadership advice:
- Multifamily Status Update
- Inflation means what for Multifamily housing?
- How to thrive in a recession
- Why Experts Say the Housing Market Won’t Crash
- Urban Institute estimates that 70% of homeownership growth in the next 20 years will come from the Hispanic community.
- Best Podcasts for CEOS, Leaders ( and anyone looking to expand their business knowledge). How I Built this is a favorite. PS. everything Lencioni does is great
- 10 Things Effecting Commercial Real Estate during 2022
- Tell me what you want (what you REALLY, REALLY want!) aka How single-family real estate developers can cut costs without losing buyer value.