Website aubenrealty Auben Realty
Building better communities by investing responsibly
The Maintenance Coordinator is responsible for the short-term asset preservation of real estate assets within an owner’s portfolio. In doing so, the maintenance coordinator is required to assess all maintenance related work orders, complete all utility activation and deactivation, along with liaising with the utility billing companies and Auben Realty. The maintenance coordinator will provide communication to residents, investors, pod team members and vendors throughout the work order life cycle.
The mission of the Maintenance Coordinator is to ensure asset preservation by balancing the Cost Triangle in the following categories: Quality (asset preservation), Timeliness (resident satisfaction), and Cost (owner satisfaction).
- Create and maintain an efficient operation with established benchmarks for standards, cost, quality, labor, material, safety, and housekeeping of materials
- Monitor the maintenance dashboard to ensure assignment of all new work orders and follow through on all existing work orders
- Assess all work orders and ensure enough information for completion to correctly assign to the right vendor
- Gather all information and communicate clearly to vendors, ensuring rapid response time
- Maintain maintenance metrics on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to understand performance and evaluate for future improvement
- Develop and implement a preventative maintenance program for capital expenditure items
- Implement and maintain an inventory system of equipment, supplies, and parts
- Provide information to the project management department / Account Mangers to proactively make necessary and recommended long-term repairs
- Stay current on subject matter trends, technology, and operational efficiencies and implement when appropriate
- Work within set spending limits per property based on company and owner criteria
- Complete all required utility billing set-up documents at a takeover for billing services.
- Coordinate utility billing account shutdowns or transfers at a turnover.
- Transfer and/or adjust the billing address of utility accounts at takeovers.
- Maintain accurate records of account numbers, security PINS, etc.
- Communicate with billing and utility providers to facilitate issue resolution
- Attend team takeover and turnover calls, be able to provide utility and utility billing updates
- Number of open work orders in relation to pod portfolio (Quality)
- Number of work orders completed each week per pod (Quality)
- Average work order cost billed per rolling 30 days (Quality)
- Average maintenance survey response (Quantity, Spirt of Service)
- Analytical – The ability to tackle a problem using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Knowledgeable – The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area
- Logistical – The ability to assemble resources to achieve an aggressive response time.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Detail oriented
- Sense of Urgency
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Technologically proficient
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player
- Utility background a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $35,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Columbia, SC 29201: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
To apply for this job please visit aubenrealty.com.